WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!" and "My Vestibulectomy".

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. My hope is that my obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."


Hyaluronic Acid and Omega 3 Supplements Were Suggested

Update February 23, 2012:
I heard from my rheumatologist that hyaluronic acid is not going to any good (or bad) for me. She strongly endorsed Omega 3s and suggested that I stick to flax based supplements because fish based ones aren't controlled for toxicity by the FDA). I have found that an even better way to get my Omegas is through ground flax seeds and chia seeds. I buy them at Whole Foods and throw them on or in anything. Tastes really good and are now "must haves" in my morning cereal.

I also talked to doctors and researched delayed response allergy testing and am not confident in its reliability and so I went down the typical allergy path. By avoiding my food allergies and containing my environmental allergies, I feel better overall.

Original Blog:
My insurance company has assigned me a "health coach" (are my bills too high for them?) and I happened to get a doctor who will work with me who specializes in chronic pain and dermatology. Doesn't that sound like vulvodynia? During our one hour conversation, she suggested that I really up my Omega-3s to 4000mg/day and also take hyaluronic acid orally (when I went to the store there are creams made of this and when I asked in pill form I almost got acidophilis (not sure why so watch out)to 4000mg/day. The hyaluronic acid can apparently strengthen ligaments. I bought Hydraplenish by Nature's Way at Whole Foods. She said to take the hyaluronic acid for 2 weeks to see if I got improvement. I am on day 4. She also suggested I consider delayed allergy response testing (different from regular allergy testing) and I might look into this. Her general take was that I have a lot of inflammation and that needs to be managed down. I will talk to her again on December 6th.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete