WELCOME

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. Well, I’m not…so, welcome to my blog! There aren’t definitive answers in medical literature to explain the pain cycle of pelvic pain and how to heal it - yet. My hope is that my 21-year obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."

Clitoral Hood Photos

Women with clitoral adhesions have been asking what a "normal" clitoris and clitoral hood looks like, citing a lack online of images. I'll be adding pictures over-time as I find them (note: the lack of pubic hair; it makes the clitoris easier to see in photos). To start...

Here's a woman with a loose hood (and a piercing).


And all of the following are from an excellent web site at http://www.the-clitoris.com/. To my eye, all of these are "normal" vulva's without adhesions. You see that labia minora size varies among women. This actually was a surprise to me! So does the length of the clitoral hood and the visible part of the clitoris vary. See the youtube video on the cadaver of a clitoris and you'll see how deep the clitoris is beyond what is visible.




I feel like I might see some smegma in there at "11 o'clock."
Smegma isn't a problem in itself unless it is causing irritation