1. Avoid "unwise action". I worked in my yard two weeks ago and had a major flare thereafter. Totally not worth it although I enjoyed myself at the time;
2. Use Biofreeze, a menthol based roller-stick rub on whereever you have skin burning, except the vulva!;
3. Use lidocaine and rub it on your vestibule and wherever you have skin burning;
4. Don't massage yourself thinking it will improve things. All it does is inflame the bursa;
5. Take ibuprofen during a flare;
6. Take physical breaks - nap;
7. Wear your sacral belt unless it is pressing on the bursa. And, in general, don't wear the belt too tightly. The instructions say to only have it as tight as you tie on a pair of running shoes.
8. Do your P.T.
Tips 1 through 5 are the most important for me.