WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!" and "My Vestibulectomy".

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. My hope is that my obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."


Picking Shoes

I knew high heels were bad. Bad! But I didn't know that some regular shoes were better than others. Now I evaluate potential shoes mo' better.

I want:
  • A wide toe-box.
  • A flexible sole (see my video on youtube.com describing this in more detail.)
  • Solid lateral support as I will wear the shoe almost all day, everyday; I don't buy shoes for "pronation" or "high arches" even though I have both. I would rather allow my foot to move through its natural gait. I need my natural correction to (at least eventually) come through my body.
  • a shoe with a removable insole so that I can fit a lift in. On a side note, I have had numerous pairs of orthotics of all different types. I am much happier using my home-made lift that I can adjust up or down as needed rather than any of the 5 types of orthotics I've had. That's not to say don't get them, it's just my experience so far.
  • a shoe that holds my foot in such as sneakers or Teva-type sandals.


But what about dress up? This is where I have a few options. None are great:
  • Dansko clogs (their "professional" style) kind of have a bare foot feeling;
  • Flat boots with a flexible sole; and
  • Ballerina shoes with a strap (try the Naot brand for super comfy and cute).

And I recently found a store here called "Sole Desire"that links to a website that I will find and post. The shoes are neat and you might see brands you like.

Been a bridesmaid wearing Converse? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment