WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!" and "My Vestibulectomy".

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. My hope is that my obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."


Cleaning the Vulva with Cetaphil Update

My gynecologist gave me instructions on how to clean the vulva in the shower:
  • Use Cetaphil, a cleanser super-easy to find and super gentle;
  • Gently apply the cleanser and rinse.
Until she told me this, I had been using no soap to avoid allergies and then washing the hell out of the vulvar labia trying to get "as clean as possible" given I wasn't using soap, and trying to make sure my adhesions would not return by (almost) ripping the skin around my clitoris apart.

Gentle, gentle, gentle.

I still don't feel as clean as I would like to with the Cetaphil, but them's the breaks.

UPDATE
I found something so much better: Johnson's Baby Naturals Head-to-Toe Wash. I use it gently. I find it much better than Cetaphil (which has sodium laureth sulfate which is a skin-irritant) in it. It burns not at all on me and I feel cleanner, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment