WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!" and "My Vestibulectomy".

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. My hope is that my obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."


I'M CURED!


I had surgery - a full vestibulectomy - December 9th, 2016. I took pictures throughout the process so as to share them with you. 

Surgery with Dr. Conway, December 9, 2017. 
We had done a consult in advance by phone and then also did an exam in New Hampshire where St. Joseph's Hospital is located. He determined me an ideal candidate for surgery because of the success rate for those with my medical history and symptoms. Note: there are many people for whom there are less invasive treatment options and who should not have surgery. 

My pain management was Tramadol as I cannot take codeine-based medication, plus alternating Advil and Tylenol. I mostly stayed in bed and limited my walking so as to not disturb the stitches. I bled from the surgery site for the next 9-days. I wore a heavy pad that I changed often. I did not ever touch the surgery site. 

3 Days



9 Days


The swelling is down significantly, the tissue is looking healthy. It is easy to see what parts were sewn together. You can see two light kidney-like shapes next to each finger. This were sort of hard and sensitive, but resolved over the next few weeks.

I flew home from New Hampshire after a 10-day post-surgery recovery and another exam by Dr. Conway, December 19, 2017. Interestingly, he said that any gynecologist should be able to perform this as a trained surgeon. I was happy I did it this way although it was costly because of the flight and the hotel room. However, St. Joseph's takes standard medical insurance so the actual surgery and pre/post-care was $500, I recall.

I saw my at-home Gynecologist on December 23, 2017 to have her look at the surgical site should any problems occur in the future. I had pain to the right side of my vaginal opening. She concluded was from cutting through a nerve root. It resolved itself in 3-weeks.


3 Weeks
You can see the last of the stitches. The are the pale yellow remnants that look like worms. These fall out on their own over time.



4 Weeks, January 2, 2017


5 Weeks

I was able to have intercourse 5 weeks out from surgery. It wasn't painful and hasn't been since.

8 weeks, February 3, 2017

All done healing.

Today

I am so grateful not to be in constant pain, or any pain. I have more energy. I don't spend my time emotionally accepting what I cannot do because of the pain. I can wear pants.

Pain is so tiring and demoralizing.

I do have some sensitivity to excessive friction on my inner labia. I don't feel high pressure to address this, but I will. I think creams or hormones will help.

My marriage did break up. It is common for this to occur, although I think it usually happens more rapidly. It took us 21-years of dealing with my constant sexual pain. Fixing the biological problem did not mitigate the associated emotional trauma in our sex life. We both have so much PTSD around sex because of our shared history. We broke up about seven months after the surgery.




5 comments:

  1. Hey! is there an email I can contact you on privately? I am interested in having the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How have you been doing since?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of  herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great hebal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    He's a good man and he will help you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete