WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!"

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. Well, I’m not…so, welcome to my blog! There aren’t definitive answers in medical literature to explain the pain cycle of pelvic pain and how to heal it - yet. My hope is that my 21-year obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."

Medical Marijuana for Vulvar Pain: Foria

There is a relatively new company aimed directly at female genital pain. Foria at http://foriapleasure.com/ offers a product called "Relief" that has cannaboids for muscle relaxation, but no psychoactive effect. The other two products are "Explore" for anal sex and "Pleasure" ...for pleasure.*

I live in California and recently had my gynecologist write me a medical marijuana letter. You don't need a "medical marijuana card" in California. Just a letter stating medical need (without giving a specific diagnosis) and a photo i.d. You can look up a prototype online to give to a doctor.

I read through qualifying reasons for medical marijuana in California. The two that apply to vulvar pain are:
1. Chronic pain; and
2. Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or more major life activities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) or, if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient’s safety or physical or mental health.

I then researched if sex legally qualifies as a major life activity. It does.

I put my gynecologist in a difficult place because I said that I was going to try it and that she could have me see a pot doc for the prescription or have me supervised and under her care. She researched the idea independently and wrote the prescription. I asked her 3 months before my vestibulectomy surgery and it took her forever to get the prescription to me so I didn't try it before the surgery. The surgery was 8 days ago, so I haven't tried it. 

Here is the list for each state about the qualifiers required to get medical marijuana: https://www.leafly.com/news/health/qualifying-conditions-for-medical-marijuana-by-state

*http://whoopiandmaya.com/ also offer a product that I did not research because it seemed like it had more of a "high" orientation and that's not what I was seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment