WELCOME

Edit: I WAS CURED AFTER 22 YEARS! I had a vestibulectomy Dec. 2016. The recovery was easier for me than having sex ever was. It took about 5 weeks. I have included my recovery photos. Look for the blogpost "I'm Cured!" and "My Vestibulectomy".

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis." Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. My hope is that my obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful. P.S. Recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia."


Pain is a Loop

Just a short thought that I knew from books and have then been able to demonstrate in my own life: pain is a loop. Meaning, if there are many areas that aren't working right in your body or mind that cause pain, reducing one area may help the other areas improve. Easier said than done, right? But this may be something you want to "inventory" for yourself: "So, if I can't get the vestibulitis under control, is there another area that I can address?" Examples are:


  • Allergies
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Mood problems (in my case, Bipolare 2 disorder)
  • Nerve problems (see posts on nerve injections)
  • Bladder problems
  • Uterine problems
  • Constipation (see post on my technique)
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Stress
  • Unhappiness
  • PTSD
  • Mechanical problems with your body
  • Fear of sex


For me, the most surprising thing that has helped the vestibulitis is staying on a diet that avoids my food allergies. One food I am sadly allergic to is chocolate. Chocolate cake will make the burning more intense the next day. Has this cured the vestibulitis? No. But any action I can take is worth it. Interestingly, the allergist said that my allergies are low-level. But avoiding problem foods seems to avoid additional inflammation. UPDATE 7/1/2015: After one year not eating chocolate without significant improvement, I am eating it again.

I take Allegra (Costco sells it least expensively) twice a day. I am also on Singulair to help my asthma, but it looks like it also may push back on allergies in general. Other allergy pills and preventive measures are out there.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete