WELCOME

I’m a great woman with a pissed-off vulva. I have “primary vestibulitis”, a subcategory of vulvodynia. Most people are uncomfortable discussing their genital pain in public. Well, I’m not…so, welcome to my blog! There aren’t definitive answers in medical literature to explain the pain cycle of vulvodynia and how to heal it - yet. My hope is that my 19-year obsession to find help for myself will make your experience shorter, easier, and less painful.

Note: recently "vestibulitis" has been renamed to "vestibulodynia".


May 1, 2013

Clitoral Adhesions: Go to August 15, 2010 Post for Comprehensive Information

UPDATE
The smegma returned slightly and she put me on a different steroid called Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment 0.1% and it cleared right up. Please read my 8/15/2010 post for how to use your hands and instruments to loosen up the hood from the clitoris.

ORIGINAL POST:
I may have mentioned that I found a vulvar dermatologist at Stanford named Dr. Badger, a lovely woman who reminds me of a blond Mary Poppins, including the phrase, "Oh dear!"

She put me on Desonide 0.05% ointment for an unusually copious presence of smegma. Below is an image of what was extracted by my husband (yes, this is graphic, but I think it is helpful to see). The tweezers were used to lift the smegma off the clitoris once it was expelled (see the "Clitoral Adhesions" entry for my how-to)
.


Per her instructions, I used the Desonide twice a day, morning and night, for 3 weeks. Then I reduced it to once a day for another 3 weeks. It really worked. I healed up and the smegma hasn't returned in the last 5 months). Should it return, she says I can use it again without coming in to see her other than my usual every 3 month check-in.

She also said that the concern that steroids will "melt the skin of your labia" as some doctors have told me is "poppycock" and uninformed. I don't know enough about steroid use on the clitoris so get an opinion on this from your doctor.

I got good suggestions of other steroids to try on my other blog post. I thank you for those suggestions and it was with that knowledge that I was able to go back to my doctor and discuss steroid ointments. Some may ask what the "active ingredient" is in Desonide and the answer is desonide. It is in an ointment of petrolatum and mineral oil.


5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2014

    Hi, will this resolve the glan clitoris fusing with the hood? After a long term irritation after a injury my glan has become adherant to the hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reordered my blog to find the other article and put all the information there and will delete this entry in a bit. If you do a search on clitoral adhesions, you should find it.

      Delete
    2. The other blog article is from 8/15/2010.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete